How To Take Care Of Your Knit Piece
Your Artknit Studios knit piece is far too precious not to care of in the right way.
If you follow a few simple steps to ensure its quality, it will be easy for you to make it last longer and happier.
THINGS TO KNOW
Contrary to popular belief, pilling is quite normal and doesn’t mean poor quality. In most cases, those tiny bobbles of fluff are caused by friction, but regular washing can help to keep those bobbles at bay.
Before you put your jumper in the wash, we recommend using a pilling comb to de-pill your knitwear of those bobbles. Following the length of the garment, draw the comb gently but firmly over the affected area. Once they are removed, wash as instructed. Follow this ritual regularly and you should find your knitwear is bobble-free for life.
HOW TO WASH IT
We suggest to wash your knitwear garment by hand for longer durability:
- Use warm water and mix it with some mild liquid soap
- Submerge the garment in the water and let it soak for about 5 minutes
- Carefully rinse the garment in warm water
- When you’re done with rinsing, squeeze as much water as you can from the garment. Remember not to twist or wring the garment
- Wrap the garment in a towel. Gently squeeze or wring the towel. Unwrap, lay it flat on a new towel and let it air dry in a cool place
You will find further information on our Care Instructions inside the packaging.
HOW TO STORE IT
The best way to store your knitwear is to fold and keep it flat as this will help to keep its shape, and always store clean garments in cool, dry places. Moths aren’t so much attracted to the fibre, but to the food, dirt, perspiration or body oils on a garment.
These general care instructions will help you make your knitwear garment last longer and better. If you require any other suggestions, or if you have any doubts, feel free to discover more about it on our Journal.
Wash by Hand (Max 40°C)
Do Not Bleach
Suitable For Dry Cleaning - Mild Process